Monday, November 2, 2009

A Report for the Sunny Beaches of La Paz




You may have seen on the news that Baja California was once again poised to get whacked by a rather large hurricane. Fortunately, the hurricane lost energy at it neared the coast and was downgraded to a rather strong tropical storm. As can be expected we were a little anxious about the storm and David was thoroughly disappointed when it didn't hit. He and his companion were given instruction by the Mission President to buy some food and water and be prepared to stay home for a couple of days; they didn't need their supplies.

David and Elder Sagura spent some time on their roof making preparations for rain and a leaky roof so you'll see a chance to see where David lives...well, at least the roof that covers the place. We learned that the house David is living is owned by Americans so it's not bad for Mexican standards. We also learned that they inherited a dog named Blanco who is a rather large black lab and according to David probably weighs more than Elder Sagura.

David is adjusting to food and water probably as well as can be expected. Here's what he had to say about that: BE WARNED....This isn't for the faint of heart or those easily grossed out...;)

"Diarrhea? Yeah...Not funnnnnnn. Not at all. I had it way bad all day Saturday and I felt like dying all day Sunday. But, none the less, we have a marvelous work to do, so I worked through it. I have a step counter and it was about 20000 steps that day. Almost 20 klicks. Yeah, tough day. I'll spare you the details, but I probably went about 20 times that day, and each time it got less and less solid until it was just water. Literally, just water. I would drink and about 20 minutes later, it was outta me. It was literally just agitating it straight through me. At one point, I drank a powerade and about an hour later I pooped red water that actually smelled like fruit punch powerade that in all honestly was so clean and pure, I could have drunk it if it wasn't in a toilet. I called the President's wife and she said to take Pepto and Imodium. Other that that, welcome to Mexico. Haha :) But I'm fine now, and I duno who it was, but someone was praying for me that day. I could feel it. So thanks :)"

See...I warned you...

No comments:

Post a Comment