Friday, January 8, 2010

David is REALLY in Mexico





David sent some photos this week with his email. You'll see a picture of the bedroom and bathroom of the apartment - Alan sent photos home from the Phillipines that didn't look much different so this wasn't a huge shock at the meager conditions where the missionaries live. We learned that David had a problem with his teeth that required a visit to the dentist...in Mexico...in the boondocks...this is how he described that experience'

"I busted a tooth open on a sucker and discovered that I had a pretty deep cavity. Also in the very back of my mouth in one of my molars. The dentist was legit, or at least so it seemed and I think he did a really good job filling the cavity. It looks good, at least : ) He wasn’t very good with the novicane, however. Actually, he totally sucked so it hurt a lot. I actually don’t think I had any in the part where it was needed. Good thing I’ve got a high tolerance for pain, right? Haha. But yeah, that was kind of an adventure."

No comments:

Post a Comment